Wednesday 17 April 2013

Dreaming of Coachella

Pineapple Dazzle Coachella 2013 Billboard Crowd

I adore music festivals. It's not just about the day itself but all of the tingly nervous excitement and preparation for it. I will daydream over the line-up and create mixtapes. I organise a plan of attack to the minute & then on the day let spontaneous insouciance take over. My girlfriend is incredibly organised (and me by default) as she laminates sweat and water proof line-up cards for us. I like to add my own quirk to each festival so I begin my day setting myself a quest. I once travelled to a festival called Sunset Sounds in Brisbane. I noticed at that particular festival there was a high incidence of Wayfarer wearing hipsters. I challenged myself to get as many photos possible of me wearing said hipsters wayfarers with the hipster in the shot. That was a fun festival, and challenge.

Over the years as my means have increased my desire to travel further and visit festivals in other countries has grown. So far some of my dream festivals include:

Lollapalooza in Chicago.
Fujirock in Japan.
South by Southwest in Texas.
Primavera in Barcelona.
Burning Man in Nevada.
Reading & Leeds, in Reading & Leeds.
Glastonbury in Somerset, UK.
Coachella in California.

Sadly of the list, I've visited only one so far. I almost tagged Lollapalooza into my latest travels but my desire to be a Roller Derby girl at Rollercon has taken over and I miss out this year. Coachella has just rolled around again this year and seeing photos of this years festival is making my heart ache.

Pineapple Dazzle Coachella 2013 Billboard Crowd

Pineapple Dazzle Coachella 2013 Billboard Grimes Crowd

Pineapple Dazzle Coachella 2013 Billboard Tame Impala Crowd

Pineapple Dazzle Coachella 2013 Billboard Crowd

Gah, next time! I'll have to deal with my FOMO by shutting my eyes blissing out to the below mix of Coachella 2013.

I'm just going to have to find a cool downtown bar in New York this July to get my international live music fix this time around. Any suggestions?



images from Billboard

No comments:

Post a Comment